Pre-medical program is crafted especially for high school students aspiring to pursue a medical career. It is also beneficial for others who lack the pre-requisite courses to be eligible for undertaking the MD program. Pre-med is a common term used to indicate that students are taking up the required courses for medical school admittance.
The pre-med course is like a foundation program to provide students with advanced science courses to excel in the first year of medical school. It helps to be prepared well ahead to survive the rigor of the MD program with ease. Pre-med also fills the gap for some students who might be missing the required courses to be considered for medical school admission.
Why Do You Pursue a Pre-Medical Program?
If you are planning to study medicine, the pre-med program is a requirement for many regions, including North America and the Caribbean. Additionally, pre-med programs provide a good foundation for advanced science courses like biology and organic chemistry, which will be helpful in medical school. Most pre-med programs also offer anatomy and physiology as combined courses, which will make the first year of medical school less stressful.
Benefits of Pursuing a Pre-Medical Program
It is uncommon for every single ambitious medical student applies for a pooled BS or MD program. It is for the reason that the common pre-medical pathway has several benefits to offer.
- Pre-medical students have more flexibility in selecting their academic course content.
- It does not require a longer dedicated time commitment.
- Traditional pre-medical students can choose the duration spent in college.
- Pre-med students also can select a medical school of their choice.
- The risk of applying outside their schools is reduced.
- Accredited online pre-med courses are available.
- It opens up opportunities to study medicine abroad.
What Do Students Get from Schools That Offer Pre-Medical Program?
- Assisted Admission to Medical Schools
Pre-medical foundation programs bridge the gap between medical students and medical schools. It brings every dream of becoming a medical professional into reality. If anyone is seeking a career in medicine or dentistry, pre-med courses for medicine can come in handy.
- Widened Opportunities
It offers much support for the students who would like to pursue a career abroad.
- Enhanced Skillset
Signing up for comprehensive and exceptional pre-med courses for medicine can give a competitive edge. The knowledge, preparations to face challenges, and pursuing one’s interest in this remarkable career does well.
- Online Pre-Med Acceptance
Many medical institutions frowned upon online pre-medical courses. However, now the scenario is changing. With approval from admissions, reputed universities are accepting online pre-med graduates. Higher education authorities are getting more used to online learning. It attracts diverse students and offers flexible chances for education. The online course is an excellent method that can increase the momentum of one’s medical journey.
How Does the Pre-Medical Program Improve the Odds of Applying for a Medical Degree?
Med schools are highly competitive and filter well in order to accept only the best students. Therefore the right preparation is crucial. The key things that are to be considered for pre-med course students to gain entry to med school are:
- Comprehensive Classes – Pre-med gives exposure to the entire pre-requisite coursework that is necessary. Typically, the courses would cover biology, general chemistry, organic chemistry, physics, biochemistry, math, and English. These are the bare minimum classes that are required to meet the fundamental levels in med schools. In addition, due to the heavy competition in entering med schools, further knowledge of these aspects can be beneficial. Some of the other classes include genetics, public health, human physiology, microbiology, psychology, sociology, and foreign languages.
- Improved Test Scores – The MCAT scores indicate the mastery of various subjects. The MCAT average score is out of 500 and is a 7.5-hour test that comprises four segments: Living Systems, Biological Systems, Behavior, and Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills.
- Health-Related Supplementary – Any kind of healthcare-related extracurricular can boost one’s profile. Experience in scientific research or in volunteering at a hospital, medical camps, or other medical institutions are advantageous. It portrays commitment to becoming a doctor and that they possess the skills required to be successful.
- Recommendation Letters – Most of the time, letters of recommendation are essential for getting admitted to a med school when applying.
Proceedings After Completing the Pre-Med Program
After completion of the pre-med foundation program, the graduates can apply for their preferred medical school. It can be followed by residency and perhaps a fellowship if they desire. During the end of the pre-med program, the undergraduates can appear for the MCAT – Medical College Admissions Test.
With a pre-med degree, one can proceed to pursue higher graduation, become a professional, or enter medical school. They can also initiate an entry-level career in their major, like in biology or chemistry.
Advantages of the Pre-Medical Program Online
- The best part of taking online medical classes is that one can do it while pursing schooling.
- Access to first-class and comprehensive academic pre-med courses for medicine designed by medical practitioners.
- You can start at any time with immediate registration.
- Affiliated medical schools widely accept it
- It can be studied from home and does not require any travel and loss of time.
- Self-paced online learning with the best support from tutors at all times.
- It is much more affordable.
Texila American University’s Online Pre-Medical Program
Texila American University’s (TAU’s) online pre-medical program is aptly designed for high school students with a vision to become a successful doctor. It helps to pursue a medical career and meets the pre-requisite courses to qualify for the MD program. Students with an undergraduate degree qualify to take up separate courses in this online learning program.
Benefits of Doing a Pre-Medical Program at TAU
- The program enables the students to accelerate their medical career plans within three semesters in 18 months.
- The course is available online, and so the students can complete pre-medical degrees with ease.
- It covers all medical pre-requisites to complete their elementary requirements. It also helps to advance their grades to be eligible for the MD program
- Subjects are formulated to form a solid foundation in those scientific and social sciences disciplines. It helps to complete the rigorous medical curriculum.
- TAU’s co-guide and tutors offer continuous support.
- Besides, it helps in improving skills like writing, understanding, and improving critical and quantitative reasoning
- TAU provides the students with undergraduate-level courses needed for gaining medical admission.
- After completing an MD degree, you can take up your clinical rotations in the USA and Guyana.
Join TAU for an online pre-med course and take your first step toward your demanding medical career!