Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
Every year, many medical students enter medical schools, and many others complete their MBBS or post-graduation from different countries and institutions. Many of these students have recently started pursuing a Doctor of Medicine abroad to improve their chances of building a promising career in other countries.
If you wish to study medicine abroad, many challenges can overwhelm you. What are the requirements? How to study medicine abroad? How costly is it?
In this post, we have discussed the requirements of studying medicine abroad. Read on to know more.
What does it mean to Study MBBS Abroad?
When you pursue a bachelor’s degree in medicine abroad, the program, like in India, helps nurture skills in surgery, medical sciences, and medicine. Equipped with these critical medical skills, your competencies in different non-medical areas are also improved, such as communication, quick decision making, accurate diagnoses, etc.
Students have an opportunity to build a career, get licensed in their country of choice, and join a government organization, a private hospital, or the public sector. There are various other opportunities to pursue a medical career back at home.
What are the Qualification Requirements for Studying Medicine Abroad?
There are some essential requirements for completing a Doctor of Medicine abroad. Here are some of the things that should be kept in mind.
Most institutions do not have an age requirement to study medicine abroad but students will generally be in the age range of 17 while enrolling in medical schools abroad. While there is no upper limit to pursuing medicine abroad in most countries and universities, you should first check with your preferred institution.
To study medicine abroad, you need to fulfill the following academic requirements:
- Clear 10+2 with 60% or above, or as specified by the university.
- An aggregate of more than 50% in chemistry, physics, and biology in 10+2.
- Clear NEET exam.
- Get a certificate of eligibility from MCI or the Medical Council of India.
- Clear the entrance exam of the university.
Before admission, candidates will have to provide proof of required immunization and health requirements based on the country and the institution.
The admission procedure to study medicine abroad depends on your university. But, here are some standard requirements for every student willing to pursue MBBS or Doctor of Medicine abroad:
- Marksheets Class 10th and 12th.
- Migration certification or school leaving certificate.
- NEET score clearing the cutoff.
- Financial statements if you are taking a loan.
- Your resume.
- Statement of purpose.
- Letter of recommendation.
- Passport size pictures.
- A medical certificate, as discussed above.
Before applying to a university, it is vital to prepare and collect all these documents to avoid last-minute hassles. You also need to fill the online application form to give you a clear idea of the documents you need for admission.
To study medicine abroad, you may need to clear various exams as discussed below:
- Usually, Indian students need to clear National Eligibility-cum-Entrance or NEET test.
- Remember that your NEET score is valid for three years only.
- As per university guidelines, students studying medicine abroad also need to clear IELTS, TOEFL, OET, PTE, etc.
Many international schools conduct interviews before final admission is granted. The interviewer generally wants to know the student’s interest in pursuing medical education, their motivation to attend medical school, and their aptitude to complete.
Benefits of Studying Medicine Abroad
Is it beneficial to study medicine abroad?
Studying medicine abroad offers you credibility and knowledge of an international market. Let’s explore these benefits of studying medicine abroad in detail:
- If you study medicine in Guyana, you don’t need to spend money on capitation fee or donations. The admission is skill set- and eligibility-based.
- Usually, admission to a medical school abroad doesn’t have an entrance test. You need to clear the minimum eligibility criteria and qualify for NEET (which is also not required sometimes). Therefore, one step is eliminated from the hectic process of getting admission and studying medicine abroad.
- The reason why students prefer studying medicine abroad is international exposure. This exposure helps build global, integrated processes in an institution in the long term. The education teaches you how to deal with different ethnicity, backgrounds, and diverse cultures, which offers value to the entire healthcare system in any country.
Study Medicine in Guyana with Texila American University
Texila American University is a well-known medical college in Guyana. It is a private university offering state-of-the-art medical facilities and technology to practice medicine without hassle. Throughout the Doctor of Medicine course from Texila American University, your skills in medical sciences will get nurtured. You would learn to diagnose and treat diseases that plague communities.
For example, throughout the study of the 4-year Doctor of Medicine program at Texila American University, your skills in clinical sciences and basic sciences will be enhanced. Students also receive training to improve their skills in ethical decision-making, reasoning, critical thinking, communication skills, and psychological skills. These skills help you function even in a pressure-intensive environment and make quick decisions to save a patient’s life.
Are you still struggling to understand the worth of studying medicine abroad? Here are some frequently asked questions.
Which is the Most Affordable Country to Study Medicine Abroad?
The cheapest country to study medicine abroad depends on many factors, such as scholarship to study abroad, the living standards you are looking for, etc.
Depending on these factors, if you study medicine at TAU Guyana, your entire education would be pretty affordable. Visit our website and check details of the same.
How Much Time do You Need to Study Medicine Abroad?
If you pursue a Doctor of Medicine program abroad, you need four years to complete the entire education. However, this time is different for different private universities, as per their curriculum and standard time to complete Doctor of Medicine in that country.
For example, you may need to spend four years in the Caribbean for a Doctor of Medicine program, but you can complete MBBS in 5 years in India.
Is it Difficult to Study Medicine Abroad?
If you study medicine at TAU Guyana, then your education is not challenging. TAU has devised interactive learning methods to help students at every stage during the four years of the Doctor of Medicine program. In this duration, you can connect with your mentors and subject matter experts to clear doubts and understand concepts deeply.
Is MBBS Abroad Worth it?
Absolutely! Pursuing a Doctor of Medicine program abroad is worth your time and money. It gives you international exposure, helps you build people’s skills, and improve your decision-making capabilities.
Completing a Doctor of Medicine course abroad helps promote your career prospects. Check out the requirements of studying medicine abroad and apply for a medical course at Texila American University. Our carefully crafted courses in medicine help you nurture your clinical, medical, and other non-technical skills, such as critical thinking, strategic decision making, etc.
Register now for the Doctor of Medicine course on our website.
Don’t waste precious time; take the step that feels right.