The Web Technologies specialization curriculum prepares students through knowledge and understanding of web technologies in all its diverse aspects and its applicability to a wide range of practical contexts. In the past twenty years, the web has had a major impact on the way in which we work, live, and learn. As the sector continues to grow there is a constant need for individuals and organizations to keep abreast of new developments in the field. This programme has been designed to meet the needs of the global IT industry and will give you the advanced skills and expertise to excel in this fast-paced and competitive marketplace. The Web is a foundational technology for the digital economy, including the architecture and services that support a mobile infrastructure of social networks and big data services. This programme is a master’s degree, aimed at enabling students to further their specialist knowledge of Web Technology. The modules which comprise this master’s degree covers state of the art techniques, technologies, and supporting tools, and expose students to their applications in meeting emerging business and social needs and solving challenging problems.
The Web Technologies specialization aims to provide the participants with a thorough theoretical understanding of web technology concepts and the ability to apply these in practice. The following learning objectives and qualifications can be determined:
- Explore cutting-edge technologies and gain a solid grounding in programming and software development.
- Develop original ideas and solve complex problems in new or unfamiliar environments, based on advanced knowledge of the principles and methodologies of Web Technology.
- Integrate knowledge and handle complexity in this area of computer science, formulating sound judgements with incomplete or limited data.
- Communicate your conclusions and the underpinning knowledge and rationale clearly and unambiguously to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Develop your independent learning skills as required for continued professional development.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Conceptualization of Web solutions suitable for different types of devices and interfaces, based on a deep knowledge of current and future Internet-related communication phenomena.
- Specification of interface and interaction solutions.
- Development of Web solutions, using the latest technologies, with a special focus on the client-side component.
- Definition of strategies to enhance the product with a view to its market launch.
- Evaluation of Web solutions in the dimensions of UX, Usability and Accessibility.
- Web project management,
- State of the art techniques, web project management and tools used in these specialist areas.
- Methods of web design, development and testing used in these specialist areas.
|Year 1||Semester 1||Block 1||IT4101||Advance Computer Networks||4|
|Block 2||IT4103||Software Project Management||4|
|Block 3||IT4102||Advanced Database Management System||4|
|Semester 2||Block 4||MG4102||Research Methodology||4|
|Block 5||IT4105||Software Testing and Quality Assurance||4|
|Block 7||IT4106||Advanced Java Programming||4|
|Year 2||Semester 3||Block 7||WT4201||Concepts of Open-Source Technologies||4|
|Block 8||WT4202||Open-Source Software Applications||4|
|Block 9||WT4203||Advanced Web Programming||4|
|Semester 4||Block 10-12||IT4205||Project Work||9|
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
“My experience with Texila American University has been really great, it’s a wonderful experience and the lecturers are so friendly and interactive, they are always concerned about the studies of students. Texila American University has a standard education with very latest updated curriculums with concepts applicable to the current world. Latest technologies and wonderful libraries, it was always a wonderful feeling to be a student and to one day be called product of Texila American University.”