“Non-Communicable Diseases in the Caribbean Region: Mental Health and Road Traffic Accidents Current Scenario and Future Perspectives”
22nd & 23rd April, 2021
ABOUT TAU-COM CONFERENCE
The Texila American University – College of Medicine (TAU-COM), second International Conference for Medical Students has been a huge success and the date marked a new beginning for Texila American University, Guyana.
Keeping in tradition of TAU-COM, we are organizing our third international conference under the theme “Non-Communicable Diseases in Caribbean Region: Current Scenario and Future Perspectives”. This time the focus will be on Mental Health and Road Traffic Accidents
Non-Communicable disease is a major public health problem globally as well as in the Caribbean region.
The conference is intended to create awareness among healthcare providers, consumers and stake holders on pervasiveness of non-communicable diseases, in a bid to make an eﬀort to find evidence-based solutions which are proven to be eﬀective in the region.
Conference will be held virtually over a period of two (2) days with various scientific sessions and dynamic poster presentations.
PROGRAM SCIENTIFIC SESSIONS
April 22, 2021 @ 9:00 AM
April 22, 2021 @ 1:00 PM
Mental Health - COVID 19
April 23, 2021 @ 9:00 AM
Road Traffic Accident
April 23, 2021 @ 1:00 PM
Bank of Baroda (Guyana) Limited – TAU GY INC Main a/c
A/c no: 95410200000695
Name: Texila American University Inc
Bank Name: Bank of Baroda (Guyana) Inc
Swift Code: BARBGYGE
Bank Address: Bank of Baroda (Guyana) Inc
10, Avenue of Republic Road
Regent Street, Georgetown
Texila American University Inc
Lot 2442, Plantation providence
East Bank Demerara
Bank of Baroda (New York)
One Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016, USA
Swift Code: BARBUS33
Routing Number: 026005322
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACT
- Scientific Papers are invited on the topics of Mental Health and Road Traffic Accident in the Caribbean region for oral presentation, poster presentation & publication in Texila E-Journal.
- Abstract for oral/poster presentation should not exceed 300 words excluding title of the abstract, name(s) of author(s) and complete address. The name of the presenting author should be underlined. At least one of the authors should be registered before the last date for registration. Abstracts without one of the authors registering will not be published in the Texila E-Journal/ book of abstracts.
- If you are sharing a research study, investigation or inquiry, please use the following format for submission of abstracts:
- Purpose of study
- Top ranking scientific papers will be selected for oral presentation in each session.
- The topic for paper presentation should be relevant to theme of the conference
- The time allotted for presentation will be 10 minutes (7 minutes for presentation and 3 minutes for discussion)
- International delegates who are unable to attend can send their posters in prescribed format for display.
April 09, 2021
Next steps: Prepare the oral/poster presentation based on the guidelines and layout provided and submit to the above conference email before
April 15, 2021
Date by which you will received the confirmation of acceptance
April 19, 2021
The last date for submission of abstracts to email: email@example.com
Hon. Frank C.S. Anthony
Minister of Health of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana
Professor of Mental Health
Director – Mary Seacole Research Centre, De Montfort University, United Kingdom.
Professor of Behavioral Science and consultant psychiatrist Texila American University College of Medicine, Guyana.
President of the New York State Psychiatric Association, Associate Dean – clinical, Ross School of Medicine, Forest Hills, New York
Lecturer in Mental Health Nursing, the Open University, UK.
Matthias Helgen Schmidt
Professor and Research Director of Diagnostic Radiology Dalhousie University, Canada
Senior Lecturer in Psychology Deputy Director – Mary Seacole Research Centre, De Montfort University, United Kingdom.
Director-Mental Health Unit Ministry of Public Health Guyana
Guyana Police Service
Patrick A. Griffith
Adjunct Professor of Neurology & Neurotherapeutics
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Dallas, TX, USA.
Founder & President, TAU
Executive Vice President, TAU
Dean, TAU COM
Assistant Dean – Academic Affairs, TAU COM
Recruitment and Public Relations
Assistant Dean – Student Affairs, TAU COM
Chief Executive Officer, TAU
Chief Academic Officer, TAU