Overview of Postgraduate Medical Residency Programs
In association with Georgetown Public Hospital, Texila American University offers Postgraduate Medical residency programs “Master’s in Emergency Medicine” and “Master’s in Anesthesiology”.
Founded in 1838, Georgetown Public Hospital is the oldest yet largest hospital in Guyana. With over 600 beds and long-run history, this government-run hospital a teaching hospital that offers training on almost all major specialties.
Taking up these residency programs at the best medical institution in Guyana, Georgetown Public Hospital, will help the medical professionals gain expertise in the fields of “Master’s in Emergency Medicine” and “Master’s in Anesthesiology” with a real-time learning experience.
Our Postgraduate Medical Residency Programs are based on US Curriculum
1. Master’s in Emergency Medicine (3 Years)
Emergency medicine is the most critical medical specialty that demands proactive and thorough expertise. Texila American University’s 3-year Emergency Medicine Residency Program is intended to provide the students with the required skills and live experience that would help them excel in their profession. With advanced learning techniques, we deliver quality education to professionals to achieve excellence in the field of emergency medicine.
Through this residency training program, the students can get extensive training that imposes a broad base of medical knowledge with profound clinical and technical skills.
Upon completing this Postgraduate Medical Residency Program, the emergency physicians can perform different roles such as prehospital care treatments, disaster medicine management, and research and administration of emergency medicine.
2. Master’s in Anesthesiology (3 Years)
Anesthesiology is another medical specialty that requires the utmost expertise to do the procedures involved in the anesthesia. Texila American University’s 3-year Anesthesiology Residency Program is intended to provide extensive training on the usage of anesthesia and anesthetics to safely support a patient’s vital functions through the perioperative period.
This 3-year Postgraduate Medical Residency Program teaches physicians a broad range of medical knowledge, necessary clinical skills, and supervised experience practicing medicine in the field of anesthesia.
Upon successful completion of this residency training program, students will be able to examine and exhibit their skills in surgical and pain management procedures. Being qualified with required skills and training, they can excel in their profession as anesthesiologists.
Fees & Scholarship
The prospective applicants for these Postgraduate Medical Residency Programs are expected to satisfy the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery or equivalent degree from a recognized medical school that is accepted by the Guyana Medical Council
- A one-year formal internship satisfactorily completed at an institution accredited by the Guyana Medical Council (or equivalent)
- Two reference letters from valid senior doctors. One letter must be mandatorily from the administering doctor at your current clinical assignment. (Mandatory). A third letter can be provided by the candidate to complete their application processes. (Optional)
- A minimum of one-year post-internship clinical experience
Document RequirementsThe applicants will have to furnish the following documents:
- Notarized/attested copy of the birth certificate
- Notarized/attested copy of MBBS/MD degree with internship completion certificate
- Notarized/attested copy of the transcript
- Notarized/attested copy of Medical Council full registration certificate
- Curriculum vitae
- Reference letters
- Two reference letters from valid senior doctors. One letter must be mandatorily from the administering doctor at your current clinical assignment. (Mandatory)
- A third letter can be provided by the candidate to complete their application processes. (Optional)
- A detailed profile in 400-500 words explaining your interest and why you have chosen Emergency Medicine/Anesthesiology
- A recent passport-size photograph (2″ x 2″)
- MCAT scores (if applicable)
Other RequirementsThe applicant must also have:
- At least one-year post-internship experience by the commencement of the program
- Full registration with their Medical Council
|For Individuals with Contractual Obligations|
|Persons with contractual obligations (e.g., to the Ministry of Public Health or private institutions) must have relevant release letters attached to their application. A recommendation for the candidate to pursue postgraduate training will also be accepted.|
|For International Applicants|
All eligible applicants will have to attend an interview for final selection.
For more information on admission and dates of enrollment, please contact our admissions office at email@example.com or call +592 2657651/+592 265765.ENQUIRE NOW