Monroe’s Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (BBA) is a practical and employable degree that can be considered a gateway to numerous job opportunities in industries such as marketing, finance and sales. Monroe’s BBA program is a true example of “value for money” as it is ACBSP Accredited, offers career-focused skills learning and high-value internships, and is full of networking opportunities that can position you for a rewarding career after college.
While pursuing the BBA program, you will take the first two years of the program leading to an associate degree from Texila. Based on the articulation agreement with Monroe College, these credits will be transferred to Monroe when you pursue further education with Monroe directly in their campus. Similar to Monroe’s MBA program structure, when pursuing the you will undertake the first two years of your degree program in Guyana at TAU’s campus. You will then have the option of completing the last two years of your program in the U.S. at Monroe’s Campus. Monroe’s BBA program offers a flexible schedule and gives you the ability to create a custom interdisciplinary plan.
Upon the approval of the Monroe College’s Dean of the School of Business and Accounting, the student may be awarded Monroe College credits. The below table is a representation of courses taken at Texila and the corresponding credit award with Monroe College. Credit awards are subjective and depends on students’ grade and GPA.
|Texila American University||Monroe College||Credits|
|Business Environment||MG 101 Introduction to Business||3*|
|Marketing Concepts||MK 101 Marketing Foundations||3*|
|Financial Accounting||AC 161 Financial Accountingt||3*|
|Business Society and Ethics||MG 112 Business Ethics||3**|
|Principles and Practice of Management||MG 201 Principles of Management||3*|
|Management Accounting||AC 163 Management Accounting||3*|
|Business Law||BL 201 Business Law I||3*|
|Business Economics||EC 201 Macroeconomics||3*|
|Business Mathematics||MA 115 Quantitative Reasoning||3*|
|Business Communications||LA 205 Professional Communication||3*|
|Sales and Distribution Management||MK 202 Art of Selling||3**|
|Computer Application I||IT 118 Integrated Business Application||3*|
|Business Statistics||MA 145 Statistics for Business I||3*|
|Business Finance||FA 302 Principles of Finance||3*|
|Marketing Management||MK 322 Marketing Management||3**|
|MG 313 Org. Behavior and Effectiveness||3*|
|Human Resources Development||MG 211 Human Resource Management||3**|
|Advert. and Public Relations||MK 201 Integrated Advert & Promotion||3**|
|Management Info. System||MG 362 Business Systems Management||3*|
|Entrepreneurial Develop.||MG 340 Intro. to Entrepreneurship||3*|
|Corporate Planning and Strategic Management||MG 485 Business Policy and Strategy||3**|
|Banking Law and Practice||Business Elective||3**|
|Operation Research||Business Elective||3**|
|Computer Application II||Business Elective||3**|
|Environment Management||Business Elective||3**|
Business Management (BBA) Total Credits: 120
Major-Related Courses: 60 Credits
|Course #||Course Name||Credits|
|AC-161||Principles of Financial Accounting||3|
|AC-163||Principles of Managerial Accounting||3|
|BL-201||Business Law I||3|
|FA-302||Principles of Finance||3|
|MG-101||Introduction to Business||3|
|MG-201||Principles of Management||3|
|MG-230||Principles of Project Management
|MG-285||Integrating Business Concepts||3|
|MG-305||Introduction to Management Science||3|
|MG-313||Organizational Behavior & Effectiveness||3|
|MG-340||Introduction to Entrepreneurship||3|
|MG-362||Business Systems Management||3|
|MG-290||Business Administration Internship I
|MG-390||Business Management Internship I||3|
|MG-485||Business Policy and Strategy||3|
|Major Area Electives||15|
General Education Courses: 60 Credits
|Course #||Course Name||Credits|
|IT-118||Integrated Business Applications||3|
|LA-122||Fundamentals of Communication||3|
|MA-120||Finite Mathematics & Linear Modeling||3|
|MA-145||Statistics for Business Decisions I
|Liberal Arts Electives||6|
If you’re interested in applying for Monroe’s BBA through TAU, it is important to note the following steps and requirements for entry into the program:
- Completion of Online Application: To access Monroe’s application form, CLICK HERE.
- Admissions Essay: As part of the admissions process, you must submit an original written statement that outlines why you are pursuing the BBA, your goals and expectations for the program, and your reason for selecting Monroe College as your school of choice. At the BBA level, your admissions essay should be a minimum of 350 words.
- Proof of English Proficiency: Applicants should submit a TOEFL (80) IELTS (6.0) /ESL Certificate.
- High School Transcript: You are required to submit an official High School Transcript that outlines your academic records and accomplishments in high school for grades 10, 11 and 12.
- Official High School Diploma
- Official College Transcripts: This step is applicable only if you are requesting a transfer of credits. If you are submitting unofficial transcripts, they should be scanned and submitted via email. Otherwise, all official transcripts from previous degree or diploma programs undertaken by you should be mailed directly to Monroe College from the institution attended.
- Certification of Completion for Degree/Diploma, if applicable.
- Letter of Recommendation: You are required to submit two (2) letters of recommendation. We advise that recommendation letters come from reputable and relevant sources such as previous or current employers, principals, guidance counsellors, and teachers or lecturers from any secondary or tertiary institution that you have attended.
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV): You must submit a current CV highlighting your total professional experience, educational background, and extracurricular activities relevant to your studies.
- In order to be eligible for credit transfer, students must also submit proof of completion of Texila courses along with transcripts.
Once your application is submitted, reviewed and approved, you will be invited to be interviewed by Monroe’s Admission Board.
Please provide details below and we will mail you the details of our RN to BSN program Tuition Fees.
“I am a medical student at Texila and I like the University very much because the faculties are very good and well qualified. In short, Texila is the best with its quality of education.“
Ms. Abirami Saravanan,
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)