Life in Guyana is breath-taking natural landscape, and a colorful capital city brimming with nightlife, shopping, historical sites, and dining opportunities.
Guyana is an independent country situated in South America. Though Guyana is not located in the Caribbean, it has strong relations with the Caribbean Community —also known as CARICOM or CC— and regarded as a Caribbean country. Guyanese cricketers play for the Cricket Team of West Indies which culminates 7000 islands and a prominent part of the Caribbean!
Education in Guyana:
Student Life in Guyana has nearly total literacy. Education is compulsory through age 15. Primary and secondary instruction are separate, although the lack of facilities makes it necessary to hold some secondary classes in primary schools. In 1976 the government assumed full responsibility for education from nursery school to university. Government authority Guyana was then extended over the church and private primary schools to improve education quality in the country.
Student Life in Guyana
Knowing that our students are from all walks of life and social settings, our hostel facilities are equipped in such a way that no student will feel displaced from their homes. The Hostels are well maintained with international standards and is available to both boys and girls. Here is what our resident students enjoy:
- Seperate hostel for boys and girls which is spacious, air-conditioned, and well-furnished with all the comforts of being at home
- The accommodation is just walking distance away from the University campus and is secure, safe and highly comfortable
- Each room is equipped with modern conveniences like fridge, Wi-Fi etc. to make the life of resident students easy and smooth-going
- Paid laundry can be availed within the hostel premises. Students can opt for their preferred two-sharing rooms
- Our students enjoy savoury and delicious dishes from the appetizing Indian and Guyanese cuisines
- The University also provides transport facilities by arranging buses for our residential students