Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
The 8th Graduation Ceremony of Texila American University took place on 14th May 2021, in a virtual format. Honorable Prime Minister of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana, Brigadier (Ret’d) Mark Antony Philips, attended the ceremony as the chief guest. Honorable Chancellor Mr. Saju Bhaskar and Executive Vice President Mrs. Chitra Lakshmi presided over the ceremony.
Other dignitaries of the event include Mr. Syam Kumar (Chief Executive Officer), Dr. Hugh Duckworth (Chief Academic Officer), Dr. Dheeraj Bansal (Dean College of Medicine), Dr. Shiek Amir (Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs), Dr. Dave Raynier C. Paguntalan (Head of College of Nursing), Dr. Nadipelly Jagan (Dean of Academic Affairs), and Dr. Sooraj Surendranath (Dean of Student Affairs)
Below is the list of graduates presented with the Meritorious Awards & Medals for their achievements.
For Basic Sciences
- Ms. Rozminabanu Daud Patel, Best Basic Science graduate
For Clinical Sciences
- Ms. Cecilia Gadaga, Best Clinical Graduate US Clinical Rotations
- Ms. Rozminabanu Daud Patel, Best Clinical Graduate Philippines Clinical Rotations
- Ms. Siva Brinda Jeya Paul, Best Clinical Graduate Guyana Clinical
Best Graduate Award
- Mr. Yaaseen Mangera, 3rd Best Graduate
- Ms. Rozminabanu Daud Patel, 2nd Best Graduate
For Chancellor Award
- Ms. Cecilia Gadaga, the Best graduate for Chancellor’s Award for College of Medicine
- Ms. Bibi Mariam Nafeeza Rahim, the Best graduate for Chancellor’s Award for College of Nursing
The Hippocratic Oath and Nightingale Oath were administered after the award presentation. The pledge followed the oath. All graduates took
the below pledge,
I pledge my knowledge and intellectual attainment to Humanity. I shall use it in a manner befitting the honor and dignity of my country and of my Alma mater. I shall make every effort, in all circumstances, to uphold the dignity of my profession and Integrity of character.
I shall endeavor, in every way, through thought, word, and action to bring about the wellbeing of people. I shall lead a well-disciplined life and shall never forget the commandments of the sacred scriptures and the University”.
Hon’ble Executive Vice President Mrs. Chitra Lakshmi delivered her message to the graduates following the pledge. The Chief Guest followed the message with his Convocation Address. The awardees then followed with their speeches.
The ceremony came to a close, with Mr. Syam Kumar delivering the closing remarks.