Our Pre-medical program is designed to provide students with the requisite fundamentals that are essential to become a world-class doctor.
At Texila American University, we’re reshaping how medicine is practiced.
The Pre Medical program is designed for highly motivated high school students who have decided to pursue a medical career, and others who do not have the necessary pre-requisite courses to be qualified for the M.D. program. The program college level science and other required courses that enables the student to accelerate his/her career plans by offering all medical pre-requisite courses in a span of three semesters in 18 months.
Students with undergraduate degrees can also take individual courses in this program to complete their basic requirements or improve their grades to qualify for the MD program.
Emphasis is given to those topics within each discipline which are of primary significance to a medical education. The key objectives of the Pre Medical studies is to:
- Provide the students with the undergraduate level courses traditionally required for entry into North American medical schools.
- Subjects provide a solid foundation in those scientific and social sciences disciplines required for successful completion of a rigorous medical curriculum.
- Increase skills in writing, reading and critical and quantitative reasoning.
Clinical rotations can be pursued in affiliated hospitals in Guyana/USA/Philippines.
- Apply online.
- Submit all the required documents.
- Pay the application fees.
- Screening of eligibility by the Admissions team.
- Interview by the admissions committee.
- A Pass in Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) Ordinary Levels (General Proficiency Grades I-III), GCE O’Levels/ BGCSE (Grades A-C) are required in mathematics, physics (or other science subjects), biology, chemistry, English, and any other elective subject.
- A matriculation examination such as the South African examination (or the equivalent) with strong science grades, should have mathematics, physics (or other science subjects), biology, chemistry, English, and any other elective subject.
- WAEC/NECO must possess Five O’ Level Credit Passes in English, Maths, Physics (or other science subjects), Chemistry and Biology
- U.S. high school diploma (or the equivalent) with a strong GPA (3.0 and above) in science; SAT scores with mathematics, physics (or other science subjects), biology, chemistry, English, and any other elective subject.
- Any other secondary school examination or system which is equivalent to 12 years (Indian board examination of education); with an aggregate percentage of at least 50% or above in physics, biology, chemistry and pass in mathematics, English, and any other elective subject.
Advance Standing for CAPE or ‘A’ Level Students
Students who complete CAPE Unit I or Unit II exams with grades of I to III are eligible for a maximum of 30 credits transfer, will get the advanced standing to Pre-med II and can complete the Pre-med-MD program in 5 years.
- Completed Online Application
- Color Copy of Passport + 2 copies of Color Passport Photos
- Official Transcripts from all institutions attended
- Personal Statement (One page or 1500 words explaining why you want to become a Physician)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (At least one must come from an Academic source)
PM 1 [Semester 1]
|BIO3001||Biology I||6 Credits|
|GCH3000||General Chemistry||9 Credits|
|PHY3001||Physics I||6 Credits|
|ENG 3001||English – I||3 Credits|
PM 2 [Semester 2]
|BIO3002||Biology II||5 Credits|
|OCH3000||Organic Chemistry||9 Credits|
|PHY3002||Physics II||5 Credits|
|COS3000||Communication Skills||3 Credits|
|ENG3002||English II||3 Credits|
PM 3 [Semester 3]
|IAN3000||Introduction to Anatomy||9 Credits|
|IPY3000||Introduction to Physiology||8 Credits|
|MET3000||Medical Terminology||7 Credits|
|SDA3000||Statistics & data analysis||5 Credits|
|IBC3000||Introduction to Biochemistry||8 Credits|
|SMT3000||Spanish Medical Terminology||3 Credits|
|GRAND TOTAL CREDITS (PM 1 + PM 2 + PM 3)||94 Credits|
Please provide details below and we will mail you the details for Tuition Fees and Scholarships.
Students to Texila American University (TAU) for Pre medical degree are selected on the basis of their academic, personal, and extracurricular abilities. Additionally, students must have the intellectual, physical, and emotional capacities to meet the requirements of a successful medical career.
TAU intends for its students to become competent and compassionate Doctors who are capable of meeting all requirements for medical responsibilities. TAU is committed to educating and training future leaders in medicine.
Yes, we are recognized in Guyana, Caribbean and across the world. Our students are from 40 plus countries, and they have taken their qualifications across the world. We are Registered with National Accreditation Council of Guyana, Affiliated with Association of Commonwealth Universities, and International Association of Universities – UNESCO.
Texila American University is a consortium of universities and campuses with strategic presence in four continents (North America, South America, Asia, and Africa) and international partnerships, we are one of the world’s leading universities. We currently have two (2) campuses, and they are as follows:
• Guyana Campus – Caribbean
• Zambia Campus – Southern Africa
We currently hold 700 plus students from 40 plus different Countries at our Campus, also, we would have graduated 11 batches so far with 900 plus students
You will need to have CSEC with 5 subjects (Physics/Integrated Science, Chemistry and Biology/Human and Social Biology) and English and Mathematics. With minimum grade three (3).
Students can have their Clinical Rotations done right here in Guyana or the USA.
Yes, there is a registration fee, and the amount is Gyd 28,500.
Yes, we do have different payment plans available for our Medicine program. The options are
Onetime Yearly Installment four (4) payments per year (Quarterly)
For the Doctor of Medicine program, the classes days are Monday to Friday from 8am to 4pm.
There are two (2) intakes per year for the Medicine program as would be March Intake September Intake
Yes, CAPE/IGCSE students will receive 6 months exemption in Premed with required credits (PCBM), while medical students can transfer maximum 90 credits.
“I am a medical student at Texila and I like the University very much because the faculties are very good and well qualified. In short, Texila is the best with its quality of education.“
Ms. Abirami Saravanan,
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)