Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
Human resources (HR) is a critical part of any organization as it helps them running at peak performance and with efficiency. Some of the crucial roles of HR in an organization are:
- To hire suitable candidates to match the demand and supply of personnel in the organization;
- To assess, improve, and maintain the quality of work-life among the employees of the organization;
- To enhance the productivity and profit of the organization;
- To predict and resolve conflict;
- To train and create employees who are easily adaptable to change;
- To maintain employees and motivate them to accomplish a professional and organizational goal;
- To identify the contribution and merit of the employee; and
- To develop a consistent and recognizable corporate image.
Human resource development (HRD) is the backbone of the HR department’s function in organizations as it provides the structure to help HR to augment their knowledge, abilities, and organizational skills. HRD also develops the key competencies that allow employees in organizations to perform current and future projects through planned learning activities.However, several elements such as lack of finances, organizational policies, poor employee evaluation, poor change management and leadership, lack of planning, conflicts, and disputes undermine the effectiveness of the development of the workforce in organizations.
Implementing HR development initiatives includes undertaking planned and systematic exercises that aim to augment the HR skills as a plan to meet contemporary and future work demands.To be successful and efficient in the profession as HR, one has to enhance their skills with a master of business administration HR specialization.Every HR requires an MBA degree to execute their plans in their organization efficiently. Given that HRD is a function of HR, the adoption of strong management and leadership to limit the adverse influences of factors that impair HR development.This article explores the factors that undermine the effectiveness of HRD in organizations in detail to identify and understand them better.