Texila American University’s Bachelor of Science in Information Technology aims to provide its student with the foundation and domain expertise necessary to succeed in the field. It is a 4-year long program that covers all aspects of information technology.
College of Information Technology
CSEC Minimum of five (5) subjects of including English and Mathematics (minimum Grade III) or GCE “O” level (minimum Grade C) Subjects must include English Language and Mathematics or Associate Degree or Diploma in Information Technology (2-3 years)
TAU welcomes students previously enrolled in another recognized university to apply for admission with advanced standing, provided they meet all the requirements for admission into the College of Information Technology.
- TAU accepts a maximum of 60 Credit (Bachelors’s) transfers.
- The candidate should qualify the assessment examination and panel interview.
- Education gap, not more than 10 years.
|1||BIT1211||Fundamentals of Computers||18|
|BIT1212||Computer Organization & Architecture||18|
|BIT1112||Principles of Management||18|
|3||BIT1113||Introduction to Global Culture and Ethics||18|
|BIT1114||Basic Mathematics and Statistics||18|
|4||BIT2211||Introduction to Operating System||18|
|BIT2212||Introduction to Database & MYSQL||18|
|5||BIT2213||Installing, Configuring & Administration Windows Server||18|
|BIT2214||Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming & C++||18|
|6||BIT3222||Installing & Configuring Wi-Fi Network||18|
|BIT3223||Understanding Client-Server Network||18|
|BIT2216||Spread Sheet Modelling & Analysis||18|
Students to Texila American University (TAU) are selected based on their academic, personal, and extracurricular abilities. Additionally, students must have the intellectual, physical, and emotional capacities to meet the requirements of challenging study programs and careers.
Popular Career Options
- IT Consultant
- IT Support Analyst
- Network Engineer
- Web Designer
- Software Developer
- Systems Analyst
- Applications Analyst
- System Administrator
- Information Architect
- Computer Support Specialist
- Strategic Information Planner
- Information Security Coordinator
Please provide details below and we will mail you the details for Tuition Fees and Scholarships.
What Do You Gain?
Graduates of our BIT program will be able to:
- The students will be able to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline.
- The students will be able to identify, analyse a problem and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- The students will be able to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- The students will be able to understand professional, ethical, and social responsibilities.
Many opportunities exist in the expansive field of Information Technology nationally and globally, some of the career opportunities are as follows:
- System Analyst
- Database Administrator
- MIS Specialist
- Computer Support Specialist
- Hardware and Network Expert
Further Study Opportunities
The bachelor’s of information technology program paves the way for further academic pursuits as well. One can pursue several master’s programs such as:
- M.Sc. in Computer Science
- M.Sc. in Information Technology
- M.Sc. in Strategic ICT Leadership
- M.Sc. in Information Engineering