The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Information Technology Specialized in Network Administration & Technology Development curriculum prepares students for careers with the vital skills used in staff and managerial positions throughout the IT field, with IT companies, government agencies, and even with nonprofit organizations. The General Management bachelor’s degree program focuses on problem-solving, skills necessary in managing and maintaining an organization’s computer network. The network administration bachelor’s degree program is intended for students seeking to gain training in the major areas of network operations and administration, which include user support and troubleshooting, infrastructure configuration and maintenance, and network operations management.
Many businesses rely on network administrators to ensure security of information, maintain computer networks, and help troubleshoot problems that arise with computer systems. In this critical role you have direct impact on every department and every employee because the network infrastructure touches all aspects of the business. The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Information Technology Specialized in Network Administration & Technology Development program at TAU can help you prepare to take on these challenges and compete for mid-level positions such as network engineers, network administrator managers or network analysts in the enterprise. Network Administration prepares students with the necessary knowledge and skills to identify and manage key areas of network operations and administration, including user support and troubleshooting.
The student who graduates with a major in this will be able to:
- The program combines technical skills and knowledge with a focus on professional skills in areas including leadership and communications.
- Apply best practices in network operations and administration.
- Configure network components for operations.
- Program for database connectivity.
- Troubleshoot and remedy network problems.
- Design and implement WAN and LAN.
- Describe, implement, and troubleshoot network-based communications and collaboration services.
- Managing and maintaining the servers, PC’s, routers, and switches
- Configuring, managing, and maintaining networking equipment
- Network processing centralized and distributive network connection.
- Installing, configuring, and administering network technologies.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
The program learning outcomes (PLOs) set out the academic learning, skills, and achievements that the student must reliably demonstrate before graduation. This section lists the Network Administration & Technology Development program learning outcomes. Upon successful completion of the courses in the Network Administration & Technology Development program, the graduating students shall demonstrate:
- Ability to communicate effectively, in oral and written form, while employing creativity and sensibility towards an assertive communication.
- Critically analyze economic, sociological, ethical, and political problems in the modern world to contribute to society and improve the quality of life.
- Use technology and other media in the search for information for the process of analysis and decision-making in businesses.
- Apply his/her knowledge and skills in organizations while elaborating, defending arguments, and identifying problems within the network administration.
- Develop a critical analysis of situations in need of development and technological innovation in the company and provide solutions through the installation, configuration, security, and administration of reliable network systems.
- Develop ethical and socially responsible solutions in the configuration, maintenance, and the effective management of trustworthy networks.
|Year 1||Semester 1||Block 1||LA2103||Communication Skills||4|
|Block 2||MG2102||Principles of Management||4|
|Block 3||IT2101||Fundamentals of Computers||4|
|Block 4||MA2102||Basic Mathematics||4|
|Semester 2||Block 5||IT2102||Computer Organization & Architecture||4|
|Block 6||MG2104||Introduction to Global Culture and Ethics||4|
|Block 7||IT2103||Problem Solving Using Computers and C Programming||4|
|Block 8||IT2104||Database Management Systems||4|
|Year 2||Semester 3||Block 9||IT2201||Introduction to Operating System||4|
|Block 10||IT2202||Introduction to Database & MYSQL||4|
|Block 11||IT2203||Installing, Configuring & Administration Windows Server||4|
|Block 12||IT2204||Introduction to Forensic Tools & Techniques||4|
|Semester 4||Block 13||IT2205||Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming & C++||4|
|Block 14||IT2206||Installing & Configuring Wi-Fi Network||4|
|Block 15||IT2207||Understanding Client-Server Network||4|
|Year 3||Semester 5||Block 17||IT3101||Java Programming||4|
|Block 18||IT3102||Spread Sheet Modelling & Analysis||4|
|Block 19||NT3101||Computer Hardware & Digital Electronic System||4|
|Semester 6||Block 20||NT3102||Installing & Configuring Wi-Fi Network||4|
|Block 21||NT3103||Understanding Client-Server Network||4|
|Block 22||MG2208||Research Methodology||4|
|Year 4||Semester 7||Block 23||NT3104||Introduction to Data Sciences||4|
|Block 24||NT3105||Developing Digital Identity||4|
|Block 25||NT3106||Enterprise Information and Storage Management||4|
|Semester 8||Block 26 – 28||IT3204||Project Work||20|
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
“My experience with Texila American University has been really great, it’s a wonderful experience and the lecturers are so friendly and interactive, they are always concerned about the studies of students. Texila American University has a standard education with very latest updated curriculums with concepts applicable to the current world. Latest technologies and wonderful libraries, it was always a wonderful feeling to be a student and to one day be called product of Texila American University.”
Please fill the form below, we will mail you the details of Tuition Fees and Scholarships of our Business Administration Degree program.